The Kerala State Small Industries Association is an organization of small scale sector in Kerala. This organization was registered in 1961 under the Travancore Cochin Literary Scientific & Charitable Societies Registration Act 1955. This is the only representative Association of small-scale industries in Kerala State. The Association has district units in all the 14 revenue Districts of the State.
The Association is a promotional organization of small scale industrialists. This organization is recognized by the Union and State Governments. The President and other Office Bearers of the Association having areas of experience are nominated to several statutory or advisory boards and committees constituted by the Union and State Governments, at the National, State and District level. Election is conducted once in two years to elect the District Committee and the General Council Members. The State Committee is elected from the General Council which in turn elects the State President and other office bearers. The tenure of the Office Bearers of State and Districts is 2 years. The Association right from its inception in 1961 has all along been working in tandem with various Departments of the Government of India and the State Government as well as other promotional organizations for the development of industries in the State.
Promotional activities like training courses, Seminars, Exhibitions, Trade Fairs etc. are being conducted by the Association very frequently. Besides the Association disseminates vital information to the small scale industrialists at the grass root level and inculcate in them the necessity of rapid industrialization of our State.
Sources of income of Association are by receiving membership subscription at the District level and its share to State Association and contribution and donations from members and prominent industrialists. The Association is getting financial assistance by conducting All India Trade Fair, Seminars, Training Programme, and Workshops etc. Besides this, yearly grant-in-aid is getting by the State Association and its District Units from Government of Kerala. A house Magazine of KSSIA under the name of KSSIA NEWS is being published and circulated to all its members.
The State Association is now functioning at own Two storied building well furnished situated HMT Ancillary Industrial Estate, Kalamassery Ernakulam District, which is the most important industrial Belt. We propose to utilize the above building for our office, conference hall, training hall, other activities etc.
The Association has introduced a scheme under the name of KSSIA Social Security Fund, which intends to undertakes a Social Welfare Scheme for its members, The membership fee is Rs.15,500/-. Benefits Payable to the members under different circumstances is as follows.
- A member on his death, his / her nominee will receive upto Rs.10, 00,000/- within one month of expiry, subject to the condition stipulated in the Bylaw.
- In case of a member becoming critically ill (transplant of organs, cardiac problems like angioplasty / bye-pass, liver problems, dialysis, major accident, hemorrhage, paralysis, alzimers, Parkinson disease, cancer etc. a maximum of Rs. 2,00,000/- or the hospital bill whichever is less will be paid.
KSSIA State Committee Membership on
- Micro & Small Enterprises Facilitation Council (IFC) under delayed Payment Act.
- ESS – entrepreneurs Support Scheme (ESS) Advisory Committee.
- Kerala SIDCO.
- Banking – State Level Co – ordination Committee.
- State Level VAT Grievance Redressal Bureau.
- KSERC Advisory Committee.
- Electricity supply code Review Panel.
- State Level Advisory Board attached MSME Institute, Trichur (SLAB).
- State Level Award Selection Committee for MSME.
- National Level Award Screening Committee.
- Central Excise - Regional Advisory Committee & Public Grievance Committee Cochin.
KSSIA District Committee Membership on
- Entrepreneur support scheme
- Vat Grievance cell
- KSEB Grievance cell
- District Industries Development Committee
- District Development Council
- DLRC (Banking)
- Grievance Channel Committee
- Single Window Clearance Board.
- District Level Empowered Committee